Dress A Girl
Around the World
In receiving “God’s best dress”, not only are these girls being gifted what could be their first ever new dress, they’re also receiving our 4 Pillars of Hope: Dignity, Health, Joy, & Love.
Our goal is to restore a sense of worth to vulnerable girls suffering from extreme poverty. Some are abused, used as slaves, or outcasts who may feel forgotten by God & feel invisible to those around them. Being given a beautiful new dress & being told it was made just for her by someone who loves her & prays for her can give her a new feeling of self worth & dignity.
We are told that having a Dress a Girl label prominently attached to a dress indicates that these girls are under the care of an organization & it could help to deter would-be predators. We also provide education in basic health & hygiene practices which leads to better health for the girls & their communities.
Imagine a little girl being given a brand new beautiful dress made just for her & being celebrated like a princess. She twirls around in joy & smiles. For most of these girls, this is a new, exhilarating experience.
As a Christian organization, the foundation of everything we do is to show the love of Jesus. We make great efforts to ensure we exemplify love in a way that spreads like wildfire. Our hope is that once the people we help experience God’s love, they will pass it on in their communities.
We need your help!
Human Trafficking is the third largest criminal enterprise in the world, after drug smuggling and arms dealing. A child is trafficked every 30 seconds with the average age of a young woman being trafficked is 12-14 years old.
You can help us get more dresses to more girls around the world!
- Approved fabric, elastic, trim, buttons, double wide double folded bias tape, t-shirts (size 1-16). Download Dress Guidelines below for more details
- Underwear to put in the pocket of the dresses (sizes Small to 16, plain colors)
- Gift Cards to purchase above supplies (JoAnn, Hobby Lobby, Walmart, Target)
- Create dress kits (no sewing skills needed)
- Sew the dresses (on your own time)
- Pray! (download Suggested Prayer Sheet below)